Friday, August 26, 2005

The Politics of Femdom

I have heard the growing consciousness of male interest in loving female authority described as the Around Her Finger Movement. It is an interesting term as it is easily and quickly described and has the convenient follow on monicker that men are happiest when wrapped around the finger of the woman they love. The purpose of this post, however, is to explore how a man's submissive nature translates into a political disposition and a broader political movement.

My husband and I are both basically libertarians. We are socially liberal and economically conservative. In the voting booth that has generally translated into me voting Democrat and my husband voting Republican. There is no question that my husband would cast his vote however I tell him, but I also have no desire to rob him of this right. What will be interesting is how he will vote if Hillary is running against a man. I asked him what he would do in this situation and he was genuinely undecided. Frankly we would both be scared by the threat to our rights by someone as liberal as Hillary in office, but I for one know that I will vote for her. I like the way matriarchy works in my own home and I want to see it expanded in society in general. I suspect that he does as well.

I welcome your thoughts on this topic. However... I have one caveat. While I shared my own political views to set up my story, I am not interested in arguing politics on this site. You are of course welcome to share your own views to introduce your comments, but men especially, don't dare challenge my conclusions regarding politics. I will delete your posts at once. If you want to argue politics go to Little Green Footballs or one of the countless blogs devoted to general political discussion.

4 comments:

Katherine West said...

daniel,

Very good question. How did I possibly forget Condoleezza and her delicious, thigh-high black boots. I'm sure my husband could not resist voting for her.

Just Me said...

Dear Ms. West,
Hoping Hillary does not run, as the media would distort her and never let her true message out. However, i would vote for her in a heartbeat and work to help in any way i could.
Changing the subject, if i may be permitted, to comments made yesterday about cuckolding your husband being the last act that could be undertaken to further his submission, You may not have considered how many more avenues it really opens up. For instance, You could require him to launder Your gentleman's clothes and polish his shoes and present them with a curtsey the next day, after having made both of You a champagne breakfast in bed. Of course, if he is hungry, You may deign to allow him to have some cream pie. Now that would be an act of submission for a heterosexual man even beyond the depths of simple cuckolding. With Your obvious intellect and imagination, these are certainly just the beginnings of ideas you can use. As a submissive man in a Wife-led home myself, i know that the choice of whether or not this occurs is not mine to make, and i find it deliciously exciting.

Motro said...

It is perfect to have Ladies with this conciousness around...

Will you all please visit my blog and comment at your convenience, maybe the discussions here may go to somewhere else...

http://gaiandvm.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi, Katherine. I just found your blog and I love it! Thanks for shring your thoughts, ideas and how your marriage has evolved.

I'd like to congratulate and support you on your decisions to initiate your husband into toilet service and to dismiss the cuckolding idea. As a Jewish woman, I take marital fidelity seriously.

I wanted to comment on the fact that you let your husband vote for candidates other than yours. Forgive me but I think this is a mistake! If you choose your candidates carefully, and I'm sure you do, to make sure that they have female priorities and will help rather than hurt women's causes then your husband should follow suit. One couple at a time who do this will ensure that the people we put in office will help us instead of go to war and polarize the country.

Please keep this blog busy and thanks for the good work you're doing to help empower women.

Becky