Sunday, April 23, 2006

Interesting Finding

The following appeared in an on-line version of a UK paper. It suggests that giving a woman control of her sexuality is as strong an aphrodesiac as the newly discovered and much touted chemical compound, PT-141. I know that for me, our foray into LFA has awakened a level of sexual intensity that I had forgotten existed.

The funny thing is, it appears there's a certain humanlike subjectiveness to the sex life of lab animals as well. When Jim Pfaus tested PT-141 on his female rats, he based his experimental design partly on the work of Raul Paredes, a fellow rat sexologist testing the effects of something more elusive: personal autonomy. That's a tricky thing to measure, but it can be done. Paredes did it like this: first, he looked at rat couples living in standard, box-shaped cages and recorded the details of their sexual behaviour. Then, he altered the cages in only one particular: he divided them into two chambers with a clear wall broken only by one opening, too small for the males to get through but just right for the females. Architecturally it was a minor change, but what it did for the females was huge. It let them get away from the males whenever they chose to, and thereby made it entirely their choice whether to have sex. Paredes then observed the rats' behaviour in this altered setting. Here's what he found: the effects of giving a female rat greater personal control over her sex life are essentially the same as those of giving her PT-141. Autonomy, in other words, is as real an aphrodisiac as any substance known to science.

3 comments:

jssubc said...

This explains everything!!!!!! i was getting so fed up being treated as nothing but a sex object! *grins*

oldbear said...

Hi Lady Katherine, I am not suprised by this finding. The hottest female arousal I saw as a young man was from divorced women who already had kids and wanted no more.

Sometimes when I was around them they were just friendly and affectionate to me.

But when they were n the mood, they would assault me the minute I came through the door. At the time I thought it was them making up for poor sex with the ex.

But your description makes more sense. I was younger, they were older and in control, they blossomed in desire and aggression in that circumstance. Thanks, Dave.

sub hubby said...

I'd say the findings in this article are supported by my personal experience. My Mistress enjoys more sex and appears to enjoy it more than She did before we lived a FemDom life.